Installing Linux on Win 95 machine
Posted on 1997-05-01
I just got a new computer with Win 95 "b" on it. I would like to install Linux on it. I have read through many of the HOWTO's on this matter, and here is my plan of attack:
1. Wipe everything off the hard drive.
2. repartition hard drive, install Win 95.
3. Install Linux on a separate partition.
4. Install LILO
I have two questions:
1. In one of the HOWTO's that I read, it says that LILO will not work with Win 95 "b". Is this still true with the newest LILO? I would like to use LILO instead of LoadLin if possible, since I am already familiar with it.
2. I am running Linux 2.0.30 on another system. I can find the VFAT filesystem support. Is this FAT 32 or just FAT 16?