I have a free online boating safety course at
Unfortunately or fortunately, in four months online I have gotten over 70,000 page access and I am getting 200+ ten question review exams daily. Currently the exams are on a form with radio buttons and upon submission of the form the students answers are emailed to me and I must grade and respond by email back to
1. Check to see that the student has made at least a 70% on the 10 question exam. This is required before they can continue.
2. If yes, show the student the numbers he got correct, his/her grade and the answers to the questions he got incorrect.
3. If no, show the student a message of what questions he/she got wrong but do not show the answers. Simply direct them back to the material and ask them to resubmit.
4. I also need a record of this forwarded to me or somehow stored in a dbase or flat text file that I can access.
5. I also need to have the ability of randomizing the questions so someone who gets all the correct answers cannot pass them around the net to others who have not taken the exam.
Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I would make sure to give you credit for any help possible. This is a service that we developed to be free to the user and we'd like to keep it that way, but without automation and or sponsors we may not be able to. This is just a "sideline" or at least I thought it was going to be.