OS Red Hat 4.1
MB Intel Marl
USR Sporster 28.8 v.34 Internal Fax Modem (not Winmodem).
COM4 UART 16550 0x02e8 IRQ 3
In both Minicom and Seyon, the modem doesn't respond. Why?
This is whatI have done. What am I missing
1. I have read the setserial HOWTO
2. I have tried linking the modem to cua0-3 to the modem.
3. I have tried linking the modem to ttys0-3 to the modem.
4. I have configured the ports with setserial.
5. I turned off the PNP in the bios. (just fot the hell of it)
6. I configured Minicom with my settings.
When reconfiguration Minicom or any of the files I am login as root.
I don't know my modem works great under Win 95. Please
help me out on this one.