Win 95 & AWE-32 : Playback and record are kaput!
Posted on 1997-08-02
Hopefully someone has a fix for this.
Recently brought a new hard disk and motherboard and
decided to take the opportunity to reinstall everything. Everything was working fine before!
Got the lastest win95 duplex drivers for AWE32. I've also tried killing off all other resident programs in case there is a conflict but not joy.
When I play sound, it only plays for about 0.5 seconds!
I can't seem to record anything from the microphone!
* The Windows Sound Recorder, record button is greyed out.
* Under Volume Control-Playback Control-Microphone, Mute is taken off
* _AND_ I can get an output from the microphone through the speakers!!! (Mic is working, hardware on card is working)
* Under Volume Control-Recording Control-Microphone Advanced, the tone controls are greyed out. (Another indication the the record function
isn't working?) Microphone gain control is ticked.
* System Properties-Device Manager-Sound,Video, I have Creative Advanced Wave Effects Sythnthesis for AWE32 and Creative Sound Blaster 16 or AWE-32. No errors in either of them.
* I've tried taking the duplexing function off. No joy. My memory may be wrong but didn't there used to be 3 items related to the AWE32 card?
Hopefully both problems are related.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.