Posted on 1997-09-23
CGI Web Based Auction Script Needed.
I need to find a CGI (preferably Perl) web based auction script with the following specifications.
These are just some specifications on the software. I am willing to look at any software available on the market today. Please reply If you know of any CGI auction software available on the Internet.
1) Completely Automated - Records Bid, Bidder, Date, & Time.
2) Runs through a Database. PIPE "|" or TAB Delimited.
3) Will take new bidders registration through online form.
4) Will authenticate bidder’s Bid by comparing and calculating "Bidder Code", "Password" "Bid - current bid + at least the minimum bid increment.", If any error is generated the appropriate Information will be shown.
5) Will generate a "FLY" page (from the database) when the user clicks on thumbnails. The "FLY" page will contain all current information about each item including item name, image, current bid, bidder, (These will be taken from the database).
6) Will close the auction at the specified time.
7) Will email the bidder and the Webmaster after each bid containing all necessary information about the bid. Date, Time, Bidder, Bid.
Thank you for your time.
Jeremy Fuller "Jfuller"