Difficult question. Internet search and no luck. Getting
The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough
free space available in the TEMP directory.
Problem prevents me from decompressing uncompressable *.exe
files (tried multiple) begin decompressing into
the C:\Windows\Temp directory, but fail after
partially decompressed. The problem exists on
two Win95 OEM 2 machines. Description of
Things I've tried:
1. Verified TEMP and TMP variables were set
correctly in C:\autoexec.bat and autoexec.dos
files to be SET TEMP=C:\Windows\Temp and the
environment sees them when typeing SET command
with no options.
2. Cleaned out C:\Windows\Temp directory...which
3. Verified that files like UnWise or Uninst
or Uninstall on the machines don't exist and
do not have bad permissions...based on a hint.
4. Did scandisk on both almost unfragmented
5. Closed off running programs.
Machine 1: Completely new/clean machine. Little software.
Just put OS on it. Not even a browser yet.
- 200Mhz Pentium Pro
- Machine 3 Gb free harddrive space
- 128MB RAM
- Elsa Winner Pro video card
- 233 Mhz MMX
- 2 Gb free space
- 64 Mb SDRAM
- Verge S3 Dx video card
Never had this problem with Win95 OEM 1. Making both
almost useless. Thanks for your help.