I have encountered a problem trying to register a VB Active DLL. It's a bit complicated so I hope i can explain it clearly :)
1) Create an activeX DLL with clsClass1
2) Create an activeX DLL with clsClass2, which has a reference to clsClass1 AND a method in clsClass2 takes as a parameter clsClass1
3) Compile on machine 1 and create a project to reference and use clsClass2 and clsClass1...all is well
4) copy DLLs or clsClass1 and clsClass2 to machine 2 and run REGSVR32 on both Dlls
5) create a project that references both DLLs and do a browse on clsClass2....the method that expects clsClass1 as a parameter now shows no parameters AND when you try to use that method you get a compiler error saying the function is restricted or does not recognize the parameter or return types.
For some reason using REGSVR32, the parameters defined as a specificy class causes problems. If you go back and change the parameter to a general purpose object...it works fine on the second PC.
Does anyone have any way to get around this problem? In order to keep the GUIDs sane, I want to compile them in one place and distribute and register the DLLs to other developers on the project. HELP!!!!!