Windows 95 Rebuild
Posted on 1997-12-04
Okay guys an easy one! Can anbody provide, or show me where on the 'Net I may find a step by step guide to rebuilding a Windows 95 PC from scratch, including:-
1. Software and boot disks required, and what they contain.
2. How to partition a drive into at least two partitions using FDISK.
3. Using the FORMAT command and how set up the drive(s) for FAT32
4. Installing Windows 95
5. Troubleshooting when it doesn't work - ie most common errors.
6. Rebuilding using a backup tape, specifically, can you use a DOS backup routine to restore Windows 95 (ie are Windows 95 long file names restored by a DOS backup, when once Windows 95 is up and running)?