Hitmatic web access and counter rewrite
Posted on 1998-01-30
This question is intended for ozo. Ozo has the necessary files and has already worked on this in another message that has been deleted from the system.
I'm using Hitmatic from Joe's Scripts From The Crypt. The original version was dated June 7, 1997 and is the version that requires the Passmatic password script. There are many features I would like to change.
1. The $trigHour does not work. It always changes at 12:00 midnight no matter what you use as the variable.
2. I would like to add a feature that would exclude my hits to the pages that are being tracked by Hitmatic. Lets call this variable "@no_log".
3. Fix the security flaw that allows certain files to be hacked. We have discussed this in the deleted message and I don't what to repeat the details of that weakness here.
4. As of this date, all versions of Hitmatic from Joe's Scripts only track hits for 12 months. After entering the 13th month, Hitmatic now writes over the oldest month's data and is lost forever. I would like to track the hits forever. For the counts older that 12 months we can loose the details of the hit but keep a running total of those hits older than 12 months in the "hit.cnt" file. That way the size of the data files would not grow any larger than they already do with the current version.
5. The current version has a feature to delete the counts and reset the counter. For my purposes I want this completely removed as I have no reason I would want to start the counts all over again.
6. I want to change the look and function of the tables produced by "hitman.cgi". First I want to add a column on the right side, next to the column "Pages/Months", called "Prior Years". This is where I want the counts for each page that are older than 12 months to be listed. The counts need to be totaled at the bottom of the table. This total needs to be added to all the other monthly totals in the bottom of the "Page Totals" column.
7. The current version has radios to access each page and month details section. You now have to click on the radio and then hit another button to go to the detail tables for the page or month selected. If you forget to click on the correct radio and click on the button, you get an error message. I want to delete the radios and make each page or month a clickable link to the detail tables. That would get you there in just one click and there would be no need for the error message. Remove the error message from the script as it is no longer needed.
NOTE! If you are reading this message you are probably wondering what you will get for the 60 points it will cost you to see the answer. You will get two scripts, "hitmatic.cgi" and "hitman.cgi", that have been extensively rewritten and tested. These scripts are complete and not just snippets of code. All you will need to do is cut, paste and configure the scripts to your server.