DLL File Construction(32)
Posted on 1998-02-06
I am attempting to put together a 32-bit DLL File under Windows 95 and further. In attempting, I am also learning how it is put together. I have also searched the Internet, also Microsoft's pages, and have not come up with an understandable way of learning how a DLL File is together.
So, I am asking one of you Windows Programmers(C) Wizards, for some solid source code examples of HOW a 32-bit DLL File is assembled together. In the source code examples, please include the following things, with some comments:
1) what includes files are needed.
2) examples of functions declarations.
3) the correct DLLMain set up.
4) write some functions that pass the following data types, back and forth from a calling program(*) to the DLL function:
A) character data types.
B) numerical(int and long) data types,
pass them by value and by reference.
5) work 2) and 4) together.
6) include what other code is necessary, for efficient DLL File performance.
Thank you, Your assistance will surely be appreciated.
NOTE: (*) under and using MS WIndows platforms: e.g.
MS VB, Delphi, and etc.
Tom Thorpe - MidnightExpress