P-Pro on a P2 mother board
Posted on 1998-02-15
I am interested in the Abit KP6 daughter card. My Company (Community Wide Web of Stockton) is interested in buying a dual processor motherboard that is compatible with BSD UNIX. We have researched the options and we have found that the Pentium Pro is still the leader in the low-end server CPU race.
Also, having researched this, we discovered that the P-Pro and the P-2 are compatible with the addition of the Abit KP6 daughter card. Because we do not want to pass up the option of future expandability, I have come to you to ask you several questions pertaining to the feasibility of this option.
These questions are:
1. Are these cards compatible with the Intel LX chip set?
2. Can one use these cards with the P-Pro in a dual configuration.
3. Will these cards allow the use of 1 Meg P-Pro CPU's? on the LX chipset?
4. What motherboards are these cards compatible with?
B. Only those made by Abit?
5. Will the use of SDRAM be an option with this configuration?
6. Where can I get them?
Thank you for your time,
Community Wide Web of Stockton