Here's the sequence of events and the current state of my 'pooter
1. WPS hangs after boot, mouse cursor was a timer, rather than the pointer.
2. Using WatchCat demonstrated a whackload of blocked threads.
3. I recall seeing my demo of Clearlook booting, inexplicably with previous sessions. At the time I assumed I'd closed my OS2 session with the program still active and it had just opened on startup (shades of jsnorman's question).
4. Chkdsk showed a pile of allocation errors. Going to the command line at boot up (Alt-F1) and running chkdsk showed the identical allocation errors that had been "repaired" on booting. The boot lockup persisted.
5. Deleted Clearlook demo from the command line at boot (Alt-F1)
6. No locks but error message of MME.MSG not found with a subsequent SYS1201 Device Driver c:\mmos2\VCSHDD.sys on line 130 of config.sys not installed. Line 130 ignored.
7. No multimedia support. Added MMOS2 to the path got rid of the MME.MSG but the 1201 error persists. In addition, the error: "Boot error IBM VideoCapture Stream Handler ver 1.10 NOT installed" comes up prior to the 1201 error.
8. I've reloaded an old desktop to no avail.
9. Running Warp 4 with no fixpacks. Recent major install includes Netscape 2.02 with Java.
Any comments or thoughts on this? Thanks for your time everyone.