VB - Access - No Read permission on Data Field

I can open the database in Access and view,change,and design it, but in VB I get the "No read permission" msg box when I try to assign a text box a data field.  The record source in the Data control can see the tables but it yaks when I try to access a field in a record.  I feel like such a loser.  Any answers.  I have not set any permissions in access.  Both are fresh installs.
DVanMeterAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

wokaCommented:
Are you using JOIN's in your SQL statement ?  Some joins will create a read-only recordset if you have a one-to-many relationship.
0
lortegaCommented:
Your DAO object have AllPermissions property already set, so...

First: print the current AllPermissions in the debug window... you can have reference in help with 'AllPermissions' word... be sure to have dbSecReadDef in the property...

Second: maybe you have your DBEngine configured to load some system-security database "system.mdw", you can verify this using Regedit tool (in your windows directory) and check for
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet here you can have information about your configuration...

Third: if you have this problem just in this table, try to use some utility to crack your database from security services... you can check one in www.easytools.com, they have some good tool in shareware version

0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
DVanMeterAuthor Commented:
This is what comes out for the database

Container: Databases
User: admin
    Permissions: 0
    AllPermissions: 0
Container: Tables
User: admin
    Permissions: 0
    AllPermissions: 1048575

Now I have to Set them, somehow.
0
lortegaCommented:
if you can get values is because you have your dbengine attached to a workgroup file, is not that you make an attachment in this proyect, is posible that you use Acccess and Acccess doit for you...


how to verify... simply, just print SystemDb property

Debug.Print DBEngine.SystemDB

how to changed... simply change the property after use any database...

DBEngine.SystemDB = ""

'*******************************************
Notes:

a. is important that you verify your registry with Regedit, so you dont have to set the property in your next proyects.

b. if your database was created in other computer... verify if this computer dont use an workgroup file.
0
DVanMeterAuthor Commented:
Access was the culprit.  I had tried it before but must have done it wrong. I used Access  to give permissions.  Thanks
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Visual Basic Classic

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.