monitor as tv

Is there a way that i can use a high resolution monitor to view normal cable T.V.?
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

You'll have to use a signal convertor. There are several models that will do this externally- these are called SCAN CONVERTERS. There are also computer cards that will do this. I reccomend using an ALL IN WONDER or another card made by ATI.
These cards are locatable at WWW.ATITECH.COM


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
bryan_kayAuthor Commented:
I checked out the ALL-IN-WONDER card and it seems like a great toy. However, for the same amount of money i can purchase a big screen TV.
actually I really like the all in wonder.. it is under $200 street price (I got it for $190)

bryan_kayAuthor Commented:
i'll keep an eye out for a good deal
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.