Communication port stop working under windowsNT
Posted on 1998-05-11
When I write/read to/from the communication port simultaneous ( using WriteFile/ReadFile API functions ), after a while it stop working ( the com port stop transmite data ).
more information :
1) This happen only on some computers while on anothers it not happen.
2) When running under Win95 then no problem ( on any commputer). i.e. this may happen on some computers under WindowsNT
3) When I write/read/to/from the communication port not simultaneous (write to port, wait to answer, write again and so on) then no problem
4) The communication is done with DSP card (RS232 link)
5) When the communication port stop responding I have to reopen it ( i.e. close it with CloseHandle, and open it again with OpenFile) , and thenit continue working till the next fail
6) I open the communication port with OpenFile function in I/O Overlap Mode