Solved

Thread times under WIN95 ???? (reference)

Posted on 1998-06-09
Last Modified: 2010-04-01
Would you like a 450 pts ? see this Q:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/jsp/qShow.jsp?ta=win95&qid=10054555

I need to know how many % of power CPU use my process (I need to show it, I don't need WinTop or GetThreadTimes fn. under NT)...

Thanx for HELP !
Comment
Question by:rayofunreal
7 Comments

Expert Comment

by:hlava
Comment Utility
i think that there will be some hidden Windows function,because the multitaskink.
you can ask for it and get this number of global % use of cpu
try ask the microsoft may be they help you

LVL 1

Author Comment

by:rayofunreal
Comment Utility
I tryied.... No answer.... Is anywhere any another "discusion" or where it is no microsoft's web ?

Expert Comment

by:hlava
Comment Utility
???
What Security Threats Are You Missing?

Enhance your security with threat intelligence from the web. Get trending threat insights on hackers, exploits, and suspicious IP addresses delivered to your inbox with our free Cyber Daily.

LVL 1

Author Comment

Comment Utility
hlava ? vslib.cz ? tak proc ????

LVL 1

Author Comment

Comment Utility
I tryied MSDN.... But I don'w relly know, if they received my answer.. can you help me with this ? Where I can post my quetion ? I search microsoft.com, but it is ugly to find it.....

Thanx !

LVL 4

Accepted Solution

by:
agreen earned 0 total points
Comment Utility
All that you need is to use two functions: QueryPerformanceCounter and QueryPerformanceFrequency. for additional information read the "Win32 Multithreading Performance" MSDN's article. You can find it there:

http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/techart/msdn_threadli.htm

LVL 1

Author Comment

Comment Utility
Thanx again ;-)

Have a nice day,

Ray

ps:try MP3.musichall.cz/Pulse :-) for this app I need it ;-))

Featured Post

How your wiki can always stay up-to-date

Quip doubles as a “living” wiki and a project management tool that evolves with your organization. As you finish projects in Quip, the work remains, easily accessible to all team members, new and old.
- Increase transparency
- Onboard new hires faster
- Access from mobile/offline

Join & Write a Comment

When writing generic code, using template meta-programming techniques, it is sometimes useful to know if a type is convertible to another type. A good example of when this might be is if you are writing diagnostic instrumentation for code to generat…
  Included as part of the C++ Standard Template Library (STL) is a collection of generic containers. Each of these containers serves a different purpose and has different pros and cons. It is often difficult to decide which container to use and …
The goal of the video will be to teach the user the difference and consequence of passing data by value vs passing data by reference in C++. An example of passing data by value as well as an example of passing data by reference will be be given. Bot…
The viewer will learn how to clear a vector as well as how to detect empty vectors in C++.

763 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

9 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now