I am writing a disk copier using MS C++ V. 4 for Windows '95. There are 5 main tasks which I need to know how to do. These are...
* Reading a specified track from a floppy disk.
* Writing a specified track to a floppy disk.
* Formating a specified track on a floppy disk.
* Determining whether a floppy disk is in the drive.
* Determining whether a floppy disk in a drive is write-protected or not.
To answer this question, could you please provide me with example C++ source code which will do ALL 5 of the above.
The code MUST be capable of the following...
* Be Windows '95 compatible. I'm mainly interested in Windows '95, but if you also have any NT code as well, that would be great.
* Must be capable of detecting errors. e.g. If the program writes to a corrupt track or the disk is write-protected, the code must detect that the operation has failed.
* THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - The user must have the option of whether or not to allow for verification of operations such as (but not limiting to) disk writes etc.
I assume each of these tasks can be done by opening the system VXD, filling up a DIOC structure, then calling DeviceIoControl(). There is a good example in the MS KB (q163/9/20.asp) and in the C++ docs which explains how to use this technique to query a floppy disk device which I found very useful. However, it doesn't explain how to do the 5 operations above. There are no listings of the control codes to use for floppy disk devices or the structs needed (as far as I am aware) - that is why I need your help! Thanks.