I have built an Active X application as per the manual, then I built the exe to launch the Active X app all fine so far. I use OLE automation to "Poke" data into Excel spreadsheets, this also works BUT....
When I make mods to the Active X app and rebuild it I have problems with Excel and the launch exe reporting they can't find the reference to the Active X app. "Missing" is the term used on the project reference.
I think this will drive me mad a 20 second mod to the Active X takes 3 mins to clear and re make the references again in Excel and VB
I am using VB 5 Pro Office 97 and NT4 on a Pent 2 with 32 Mb of RAM