Hi can you please help? I have 2 hard drives in my computer and want to fit a third one and install Windows 98. My present 3.2gb hard drive is partitioned into 3 sections, I want to reformat this drive with out the present partitions, using it as my new C:\ drive. It is configured in the BYOS as the master with the CD-ROM as the slave.
(1) Am I correct in doing this from a dos prompt in A:\ and using fdisc from a dos 5 set. Then reformatting using fformat, what are the commands if any to use here?
(2) I want to then install the upgrade version of windows 98 on to this drive, I understand that I require a file to be extracted from my windows 95 CD and put on C:\ for this to work , what is this files name.
(3) Do I to have the CD-ROM driver installed or is mscder.exe enough to get the CD-ROM to operate from dos.
(4) I will also be installing an LS120 floppy drive, as I will have no spare IDE sockets available on the motherboard I will be using the one on my sound card will this auto detect in the BYOS?
(5) My other 2 hard drives are a new 6.4gb and a 1.7gb does it make any difference which one I have configured as the master or slave?
(6) If you can think of anything else I need to know please tell me.