I am upgrading from Apache 1.1.1 to 1.3.0, and I ran into a problem with the <VirtualHost> configuration. Previously, I had the following in httpd.conf:
and everything worked fine.
Right now, I have not removed the old server yet (I want to test the new server before putting it into production). So, I am running the 1.3 server on port 8000. When I tried accessing the main server page (by going to www.fao.uci.edu:8000
), it kept displaying the virtualhost page. I noticed that NameVirtualHost seems to be required now, so I tried that, but that didn't help. Below is the section from the new httpd.conf:
DocumentRoot /... apache_1.3.0_dir/htdocs/
DocumentRoot /... apache_1.3.0_dir/htdocs/me