• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 201
  • Last Modified:

cable converter?????

i have a total 3d 128 with video in and out.  right now i have the cable running  into my vcr and then into my card and then on to my moniter.  but would there be any way to use my computer to descramble the pay channals.   i know it is possible i just dont have the know how to do it.

1 Solution
deathboyAuthor Commented:
Edited text of question
You are asking for advice on how to break the law. I think you should ask your question on a less respectful site.  The experts here are to help people with computer problems not to teach some one how to STEAL

just my two cents
What you are asking to do via SOFTWARE would be tough and slow anyhow. There is a reason the descrambling is done via HARDWARE.

Anyhow, I don't think I would like to be the person to answer this seeing how cable companies LOVE to prosecute...

an addition 2 cents thrown in,
Deathboy -

It's not a hard question at all.  You ring up the cable company and subscribe to their service.  They give you a little box with a smartcard; you give them some money.


Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

Join & Write a Comment

Featured Post

WEBINAR: GDPR Implemented - Tips & Lessons Learned

Join the WatchGuard team on Thursday, March 29th as we recount some valuable lessons learned in weighing the needs of a business against the new regulatory environment, look ahead at the two months left before implementation, and help you understand the steps you can take today!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now