I think i have found out a good way to track the cause of link errors like:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _BigTroubleYouDork
Now listen carfully. I will take the solution in small steps.
1. Go to the drive:\MSDEV directory the where you have your compiler, *.h, *.lib and the MSVC editor.
2. Press F3 and the search engine will pop up with the drive:\msdev as default.
3. Go to the last tab where you have advanced search and write in the textsearch editbox:
In this example that would be "BigTrobleYouDork".
4. Now you probebly got some headerfiles and lib files.
5. Insert the .lib and/or .h file in the project. And you're done.... It worked for me.
Now the question: I now this is not the right way to solve the problem. I would be happy if somebody teached me the right way.