Mystic Error 3426
Posted on 1998-09-19
I have a data control with 6 fields: 2 dates and 4 text fields, one of the latter is a filename.
I get the run-time error 3426 "This action was cancelled by an associated object". I'm using VB 5, and it has no documentation for that error. The error happens under the following circumstances:
1. A new database is created.
2. I use AddNew method on the recordset to create the very first record.
3. I fill some of the fields, among them the field with the filename.
4. The Update method is applied to the recordset.
5. I set the bookmark to the new record using ".Bookmark = .LastModified"
At that moment error 3426 happens.
Note that it does not happen if I don't fill the field with the filename or if the record is not the first.