Posted on 1998-09-19
I'm going to be straight and to the point. I am trying to learn how to write an OS. Here are the things I need:
1) A web link to a *well* written document on *every* ASM command (up to the 586).
2) Detailed descriptions of ROM calls, BIOS at boot, FAT12, FAT16, DOS stack location, order DOS is loaded in and how it does it, etc.
3) Link to a document on integrating external ASM (compiled with NASM .097) with C.
4) Link to a document on TASM commands (e.g. assume cs:code) and their meaning.
5) Link to a document called 'DOSREF'.
That should be about it. Sorry for the majority of ASM stuff, but if you want to claim that I'm off-topic, I'll just come back with the fact that C *does* support both linking to external ASM files and also has inline ASM.