This is partly a quest for information and partly a FLAME at MS.
Following are certain annoying (to me) behaviours.
- drag file from right pane of explorer to folder near top or bottom of left pane and the list starts to scroll!
- drag-drop .exe and get a shortcut.
- copy and/or delete of multiple items stops half-way thru when a file can't be copied/deleted?
- video going haywire when displaying black, such as dos prompt.
- menus off start button changing/closing if I move the mouse a little too much vertically.
- opening subfolders from a folder view always comes up large icon, when I want details.
- ability to edit filename by click - click is lost when customizing folders to open on one click.
- space remaining on drive does not show unless the right pane of the explorer is really wide.
- clicking header in right pane of explorer sorts, but leaves the pane scrolled to where it was before.
- "What's This" usually rewords the item, rather than giving useful information about what it is or does.
I know the "workarounds" to some of there (some have none that I'm aware of.) What I want is to change the behaviour. Is there something like Tweak-UI that lets us change these behaviours to something more friendly?