MSExchageIS "Unable to create the log"
Posted on 1998-10-13
We have been experiencing this problem for the past couple of weeks. Exchange runs until the follow two errors occur and then the Information Store stops. The Internet Mail Service then starts to have problems because the IS is not running. The IMS then shuts down.
Event ID: 125
Description: MSExchangeIS ((394) ) Unable to create the log. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.
Event ID: 193
Description: ((394) ) The database engine failed with error -510 while trying to log the commit of a transaction. To ensure database consistency, the process was terminated. Simply restart the process to force database recovery and return the database to a consistent state.
Compaq Proliant 2500
Windows NT Server 4.0
Windows NT SP3 has been applied
Hotfix “Roll-upi” has been applied.
Exchange Server 5.5
Exchange 5.5 SP 1 has been applied.
We have tried and checked….
- There is plenty of disk space on all hard disk.
- We checked permissions and they look fine.
- We ran the “Error_Checking” utility on the hard disk and no errors were found.
- We tried disabling “Circular Logging”. We still get the errors
- We moved the IS Log files to another disk and we still get the error.
- We ran server diagnostics and found not errors.