MS IIS ftp performance
Posted on 1998-10-14
I wrote a program to access IIS (3.0) FTP server and upload 0.5 kbyte then download 0.5 kbyte of data each 5 seconds. The program will be installed on several PCs and I hope someone can help me with the following questions:
1. What is the network load for 10 PCs. Is it simply (0.5+0.5)x8x10clients/(1024 x 5sec.)=0.156 MBPS
2. Is there connection/upload/download overheads and if yes how to evaluate them?
3. What is the packet size in upload/download? Is it fixed size? Does the Packet size have relation with network load?
4. How many clients can access(on the same time) and download/upload a deticated IIS FTP server Assuming PII300 with 64 RAM and 100MBPS LAN card for ftp server. This might depends on other active service but assuming a deticated machine, I need a number from your experience. Is there a stress test tool for that
5. Any advice how to optimize the performance of IIS FTP service?
Thanks a lot