Beginner: Simple CGI (and related questions)
Posted on 1998-11-19
I've some q'ns in my mind, hope you can answer them.
1. What is the difference: CGI, ISAPI, ...
2. CGI has to be placed on an Webserver?
3. Can CGI work on a normal PC? How?
3b. Can CGI work on a standalone PC?
3c. Can CGI work on a plain PC connected to internet (by phone)/intranet?
4. When connecting CGI with database, has database to be on server? Or can database be stored anyware on a normal PC (somewhere on the intranet, or connected to the web by phone).
5. Can a PC on an intranet have the database?
6. Which databases can be used? Easy Paradox, Access or does it have to be Oracle ...
Thanks in advance,