MSProject -> Access -> Snapshot File => HELP!
Posted on 1999-06-22
I have a MS Project 98 file that I will be exporting to an access database. In this database, I am generating a report. From this report, I am saving it as a Snapshot file and then linking to it from a webpage (using the Snapshot viewer, but that's not my question...). Okay, so i want to program all of this to happen at once. I don't knwo if i should be writing a Project macro, or an Access macro, or a complete stand-alone VB app that will do it all... Here are the steps that i want (some sort of code) to accomplish:
1. Save As...
2. change save as type to Access (.mbd)
3. enter filename "database"
4. click save
5. when prompted to Append or Overwrite already existing database, choose Append
6. select map named "QuantReport"
7. click OK
8. when prompted that you are about to overwrite a table in the database, choose OK
9. Save As...
10. choose: ...To an external file/database, then OK
11. change save as type to Snapshot File (.snp)
12. choose filename
13. click export
14. if prompted that you are about to overwrite, automatically choose OK.
Now... i'm thinking that since i'm dealing with two different programs, i am going to need to create a little VB app that does all of this on its own. that actually may be even better - this way i can create a little form that will allow the user to change things like the file names, etc... but i DO NOT want this to get too complicated!!
Can anyone help me out in figuring out what approach to take, how to take it, and offer some code suggestions... (i am not a VB Expert..!).