BIG PROBLEM with ActiveX Controls in Access
Posted on 1999-07-20
I have been working diligently developing a GUI for an application in MS Access for the past 3 months.
I came in Monday morning to run my application as usual and do some development when the strangest thing happened. I could no longer insert ActiveX controls into a form when in Form/Design mode. When I click on the Toolbox/More Controls I get a blank panel from the toolbar. In addition, when I choose Insert/ActiveX Controls from the menu I get a dialogue box for selecting the ActiveX control to insert and the list box is blank.
The bottom-line is that I am currently unable to continue with development on my project until I get this resolved.
When I came across the problem; I spent an entire day at work trying to fix it and thus far I have performed the following to get to a resolution:
1. Compacted and Repaired the database - no results.
2. Uninstalled MS Access and re-installed - no results.
3. Uninstalled the ActiveX components in Office 97 and then re-installed - no results.
4. Ran regclean.exe on my Windows registry - no results.
5. Manually went into my Windows NT / System32 directory and manually registered the .ocx files - no results.
6. Created a new database and imported the objects from the database I am having a problem with - no results. The same result occurs in the new database.
7. If I go to Modules / Design / Tools / References I can see the references to the proper libraries (mainly MSCOMCTL.OCX and MCCOMCT2.OCX), there IS a check mark showing that they are references along with VBA, MS Office 8.0 Object Library and the Calendar control.
8. All of the ActiveX controls that I have previously inserted on forms all show up and work properly when running the application.
9. I can open a form in design mode and edit any existing ActiveX controls that have been inserted in forms.
10. When I compile all modules I get the error "There is a problem with an ActiveX control on one or more of your forms/reports...".
I AM AT A LOSE AS TO WHAT TO DO...
ANYBODY'S INSIGHT AND HELP IS WONDERFULLY AND GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED.