How to write a Tuck in for a App

Hi All,

I am new to MFC and GUI,mostly worked on Java,so pls help out with MFC code.

Do u guys know the Microsoft Office Short Cut Bar?
the Start--->Settings--->Taskbar  ---. Auto hide feature

Well when u move the mouse over a particular region then that pops up and occupies a area which is pre defined.

Well my job is to do just that ,but for a application which is a subset of a Web Browser!

I think i will be posting queries here abt this App many more times and will go on asking questions as they become clearer to me!

Pls advice me.

Thanx in advance,
Who is Participating?
chensuConnect With a Mentor Commented:
It is called an application desktop toolbar (also called an appbar).

1. The Platform SDK documentation.

Application Desktop Toolbars

2. Microsoft KB articles.

SAMPLE: Appbar.exe - Creating an Application Desktop Toolbar

PRB: App Desktop Toolbars Must Have WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW

3. An article at CodeGuru.

Application Desktop Toolbar (Appbar)
mbormannAuthor Commented:
Guys ,

what is the correct tech term so I can search on the Web?

mbormannAuthor Commented:
Excellent man Beautiful.
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.