Linux (RedHat 6.9) and NT 4.0
Posted on 1999-08-09
I wish to install a dual boot on my computer. I want Linux and NT. The computer is a fairly new one (PIII 500 MHz, 256 Mb RAM and 20 GB HD, 32 bit ATI Magnum card with 32 Mb RAM). I am not afraid to reformat the HD and start from scratch. However, I have tested a few times and come up with a few problems:
1. Does anyone have an idea of how to partition the drive? I stated with 1 FAT (4GB) for NT and 1 Linux (3Gb) for Linux. Linux swap 128 Mb. D (FAT for NT) which is known as /home in linux (8GB) and one similar (E in NT) and /home2.
This is just my basic idea. Some partitions amght be too big. I really don't know.
2. The graphics card is not listed in the linux setup. I do not seem to get any SVGA working......
3. Which OS should I install first? Which should be in the MBR?
4. Should Lili or NT boot start when I boot?
5. Any other general advices you can think of........