Hello MFC Gurus out there.
I had a question regarding grid controls/List control/List view.
I have the following objectives to achieve.
1. I have to show a list of daily transactions in a list (an MDI child with a list control for example).
2. The details of the listed transactions must be available in the same window by double clicking the row. Like a tree control the list item expands showing more details lines and must close up on double clicking again.
3. Preferably would like to have resizeable columns like the list control
4. Must be able to bind the control to database columns which means the control will be able to handle it's own population
5. Must be able to handle it's own printing.
I am looking for a grid control that can do all or most of the above. I haven't actually used any grid controls in any projects. I have read whitepapers by the various grid control vendors and none of them talk about multiline list items.
Can anyone please tell me how I can reach the above five objectives or could you please point me in the right direction about which 3rd party controls offer those abilities? Any response appreciated.