I want to network two computer's, one running windows95, the other 98.   Do i need a hub if using twisted pair cabling?
Who is Participating?
RoadWarriorConnect With a Mentor Commented:
If you only want to network the two computers, you can do it via a "null modem" type of twisted pair cable where the tx/rx lines are crossed. If you plan to add another computer or two later, setting up with a hub now could save you upgrade hassles.
These guys have a suitable cable, only 7 feet long though...
You could get a "splice" socket-socket adapter and extend it with a standard cable though. Your local business supply store that has computers may sell these cables at a price equivalent to paying shipping+goods price.

And these guys have a cheap hub....


Road Warrior
Those links seem to have got screwed up by the system..... 

whoever102699Author Commented:
Adjusted points to 95
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.