import dictionary & autocorrect library for word?

I need to transfer a clients custom dictionary & autocorrect library to there new computers. not surer what files i need to transfer.
Thanks, Rodney777
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

bparnesConnect With a Mentor Commented:
In Word go to Tools | Options... | Spelling and Grammar.

Click on the Dictionaries... button.

You'll be able to find the identity and location of each of the custom dictionaries. They are *.dic files.

The autocorrect library is in a *.acl file usually located in the Windows folder. There's one for each user of the computer.

You will also have to make modifications to the registry in order to get it to work.
Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing Tools\
Under the keys Grammar, Hyphenation, Spelling, Thesaurus and Word Forms you will find one subkey for each language (the number corresponds to the language code). You must copy the corresponding keys.
rodney777Author Commented:
Thanks for the help. I allready figured it out though.

I found out which files it was that i needed to transfer. I didnt have to touch the registry though. Posibly because once i transfered the correct files they were the only ones on the new PC? Anyway , they work fine.
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.