I have seen this problem in all earlier versions of Excel, even on Macs! The problem concerns sizing of the plot area, legend and titles.
- When I create a chart with a macro using certain dimensions for plot area, legend etc., the chart first looks fine. Then after actions like print preview, page break view, rezooming, the whole chart looks totally busted. Most of the times, the plot area collapses to a tiny bar within the chart area. This problem occurs unpredictably. When I run the macro again now, the chart is still disfigured. To get the original result I have to use much smaller dimensions: e.g. what was plotarea.width=200 must now be =80.
(I suspect some problem with switching between inches and cm here: my default settings are cm, and after these incidents the sizes in the page setup menu, e.g., are suddenly in inches.)
- When I save a chart where I have changed dimensions of the plot area, etc. manually, suddenly a couple of changes I've just made are reversed and saved wrong. Very bothersome. It seems just impossible to get 10 charts on a sheet to look exactly the same with Excel.
- When I run a small macro that changes plotarea size, the result depends on whether the marked chart is fully displayed or if parts of it are scrolled out of the current view. If parts of the chart are outside the view, the resulting plot area is too small.