Hello Tim and all others!
Thanks for the code but there is a slight problem:
- I am trying to read a "user_id" from a certain cookie text file
- I try to read a new line using your code - but it reads the whole file content into the string! (although if I open the cookie with Word - I see that there are new lines, so there must be new line characters in the cookie file, no?)
- As a result: I crash when trying to execute the command: Input #1, strLine2
(according to your code -see above)
- If I can find out how to advance the file pointer, that would help as well.
- To sum up: I need to skip the newline character(that I saw with Word) which appears after the string "user_id" that I am looking for and then skip a newline character, then read a string (representing the numeric id) which ends in the next newline character(this, again, I saw with Word)
- Please tell me what to do - 10'x
P.S. I miss C/C++ - this would have been over a long time ago...
although VB has its features...