C++ Vs Ada
Posted on 1999-11-29
The following features of Ada 95 real-time control are not provided as part of C++:
1) Portable multithreaded language features, with at least 30 real-time priority levels
2) Thread-safe runtimes, including exception handling and destructors / finalization
3) Uniform model for interrupt handling support and control
4) Portable bit-level control of representation
5) Delays based on both time-of-day and a real-time clock
6) Compiler-provided routines for serializing data types as part of remote procedure calls or I/O, as well as ability for user to substitute their own.
my question is can you add some more to these and explanation why these are not provided as part of C++ and also more light on the above issues so that any body can understand that why is Ada more popular that C++ in real time systems.
FYI only: FMS (Flight Management System) is a software used in the aircrafts. This software is written entirely in ADA. This software controls the flight right from the take off to landing.