My main graphics vewer has for a long while been Ulead ImagePals2 GO! v1.ob that came as bundled software with my scanner..
This is a simple but powerful VIEWER, not an editor, it fulfils my graphic viewing needs EXCEPT that it is 16 bit and doesn't have long filenames.
It would also be nice to be able to display animated GIFs and have a Display Favourites option for one's most viewed photos. (both not options in the Ulead Viewer)
I've been searching for a 32 bit viewer in places like CNet and ZNet downloads but the viewers are all Viewer/Editor hybrids and the interface is based on the program's own parent window, instead of the free floating images the Ulead Imagepals viewer has. With that viewer you can select as many images as you like and cover the screen with images (if you can guess their names from the 8 character DOS delimited display).
The latest Ulead Viewer (PhotoImpact viewer V4.0) is not what I need, it has the Parent Window problem.
So can anyone tell me where to get a Graphics Viewer with the following specs?
1) Must be freeware or unlimited shareware and without shareware watermarks on the images.
2) Displays free floating images with no Viewer Program parent window getting in the way.
3) Preferably a dedicated viewer, no need for editing capabilities other than copy selections to clipboard.
4) Instead of code for photo editing I'd prefer emphasis on good quality image display and good zoom capabilities
5) Handles JPEG, GIF (including animated), BMP, PCX etc.
6) 32 bit.
7) Has a Display Favourites function.