Hi im new to this. I tried to overclock my cpu up to higher speed. My mainboard is Matsonic MS7192s and it supports 66 and 100 mhz bus. my default bois setting was cpu 366mhz, bus 66mhz, and mutiple automatically set. I changed bus setting to 100mhz thru the jumpers and my setting changed to 500mhz cpu speed, and the mutiple was automatically set. Ok now my win98 wont boot, so i set the cpu speed down to 400 and still no help. so i changed my bus speed back to 66mhz but set my cpu speed to 450mhz. everything worked fine accept the temperature went up real high.
1. Have I overclocked my cpu?
2. What are the best settings for my system
3. How do I install the 2nd heatsink(is this the cpu fan?)
4. How do I set my voltage up higher
5. What's the best option for cooling down the system?
6. If something goes wrong, what would happen to my system? (harddisk, cpu, memory, etc,)
hope u guys understand my question, thanks in advance