I would like to install RedHat 6.0 into my New PC.
- Now, I have win98 installed.
- My PC is Intell Pen II 600, RAM is 384MB and
27.5 Gbytes harddrive space.
- So, after I installed RedHat 6.0, I will have dual OS in
my PC - Win98 and RedHat 6.0.
My purpose is turning my PC into FTP and Web Servers.
My questions are :
- what should I know about my PC before I install RedHat 6.0 ?
Like what kind of video adpater....(I don't have SCSI controler, but I have IDE controller).
- Now, I don't have any network card installed, I use dailing up networking connect to the internet. I will install a network card
later. So now, what option should I choose to install RedHat 6.0, workstation or server ??? what kind of network card I should buy ?
- Should I use Partition Magic to seperate my harddrive, one
for current OS and other for redHat 6.0 ?
- Should I have partition ? I am think to have about 100 user
accounts. If yes, how and how much ?
- How should I connect to the internet in Linux ? Is there a
dailing up tool like the one in Win98 ?