ADM k6-2 300Mhz
Motherboard = TMC T15VG+ socket 7 with 1MB level 2 cache
Graphics = Matrox 200 AGP
Harddisk = Maxtor 5GB EIDE
Soundcard = creative Labs soundBlaster AWE 64 value
Lan card = Linksys 10/100 fast Ethernet (Model FENSK04)
Graphics Accelerator = Creative Labs Voodoo2
1)I have installed Linux 6.1 as described in the Getting started/Installation Guide and every time I start the computer it freezes and the display is blank.
2)The computer has 2 hard drives and linux is installed onto the Secondary Master Maxtor 5MB drive. The Primary Master 13GB drive contains Windows 98.
I have created the following partitions:
1) / root = linux native (set as boot partittion) 1GB
2) swap = Linux swap size = 256 MB
3) /home = Linux native size = 1GB
4) Extended Partition size = 2.5GB
5) /usr on extended partition size 1GB
6) /usr/opt on extended partion size = 250MB
7) /usr src on extended partition size = 500MB
8) /tmp on extended partition size = 800MB
3) can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong or at lease tell me what is going on. As you can see, I am very new to linux, but have got a lot of experience with DOS and window.
I sometimes get an error message when Linux is booting up that reads: Bootloader