I have an onboard modem. My motherboard in a K6-2 400. When I connect to my ISP via dialup networking strange things start to happen. At first my connect with be OK, most of the time. The icon appears in my status bar letting me know that my connection is alive. If I click it it tells me my connect speed. I can surf the net, but after i go to a few pages my browse cannot find host. If I open Outlook and try to read my mail Outlook says it cannot find my host. I can see that my connect is still alive, but I cannot find any web pages. After this problems starts I will start my chat program, AOL Instant Messager and it works fine. I can chat with people on the internet, but still cannot go to any web pages. Sometimes in order to solve the problem I have to disconnect and reconnect, but most of the time I have to reboot my computer before I can get a good connect. When I look down at the icon in my status bar I can see that my computer is sending packets to the network with no response from the network, but sometimes it is the other way around. Were as the server is sending packets to my computer, but my computer is not responding.
To save you some time let me tell what I have done to try and fix this:
1) I have downloaded the lastest driver.
2) I have tried other ISP's and get the same result.
3) I have talked to customer service at both ISP's and was told the problem was in my phone line.
4) I have contacted my local phone company and had my line checked for noise or other conflicts. None were found.
Please, I do not know what else to try. I spend big points for a correct answer. Please do not post a answer as that would lock this question to others, but post a comment and I will reward my points to the best answer.
Thanks you all in advance,