I have installed Linux Mandrake 6.5 on my spare Compaq computer. I have hopes to network it with my e-machine which is running Windows 98 version one.
My question relates to the installation of the Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Lan Card, on my Compaq running Linux Mandrake. I have been given the following directions and have also tried everything I know(which seems to be very little at this point), to find my networking solution.
1) logg in as root type and enter "mount -t msdos/dev/fd0/mnt"
2) then type and enter "cd linux"
3) type and enter "cd tulip.c/usr/src/linux/net/inet"
4) type and enter "gcc -DMODUAL-D_KERNEL_ -l/usr/src/linux/net/inet-WALL-Wstrict-prototypes-O6-c tulip.c [-f/usr/include/linux/modversion.h]&& echo-DMODVERSIONS"
5) Type and enter "Cp tulip.o/lib/modules/kernel_version/net"
6) Type and enter "Depmod -a" and then "Modprobe tulip.o
Anyway, after I log into Mandrake in the KDE mode, I open the Konsole. When I try to complete step number 2), Linux replys with, "No such file or directory". It appears to be "overlooking" my floppy drive, which contains the disk with the tulip driver?? Can you give me some specific guidence?
Any help is appreciated!