I have an application that needs to eventually be translated into several languages.
I have used Stefan Kuhr's article from CodeGuru
) to break my resources out to a DLL. But when I use the Microsoft RLTools to try to process this file, I get a generic dialog box with the Stop icon and the text "Memory Allocation".
The RLTools work great with the Scribble example, but not mine. My application has about 30 dialog boxes and about 300 strings. My RES file is 100K and the resulting DLL is 304K. When I tried deleting all of the resource bitmaps the RES size shrunk to 91K with the DLL size falling to 104K.
Possible accepted solutions would be...
- How to get RLTools to work with my app.
- Alternative localization tools.