I have the following 5 questions/clarifications
1) how to change permissions for a file in windows using PERL?
dir1 has 777 permissions
file1 has 666 or 444 or 755 or whatever permissons
I want to change file1 to 777
I tried chmod (777 , "file1")
and chmod (0777 , "file1")
both didnt work--- please advise
2) Is there a sendmail program for windows ?
where can I download it ??
I want to use it as $MAIL = "/usr/bin/sendmail" -- as in unix ...
3) I have two computers connected on network -- windows 98
I have apache win95 version running in both of them ..
Is it possible to send email from one computer to another computer ..
I have configured their IPs as 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
so is it possible to send a mail from 126.96.36.199 to email@example.com
and the firstname.lastname@example.org must be able to use a browser to read the mail ...
If it is not possible in windows to windows machines is it atleast possible in windows to linux machine .. (I mean one machine running linux and the other windows both connected on network)
Is there any sofware , modules I have to install etc ..
If it is possible at all .. what will be the pop and smtp configurations etc
4) In PERL what is the windows equivalent for unix ...
1) $$ and
5) Is there any website which compares the progamming aspects of programming PERL in windows and UNIX ?