I am working on a Windows 2000 Professional Workstation. The Workstation is joined to the company domain, OFFICE. I have a user account on the Domain Controller, SDAVIS. There are no local accounts on the Workstation except for Administrator.
If I then create a local user account SDAVIS, log on, and log off, and then log onto the domain as SDAVIS, I can't change the Advanced properties of the Start Menu.
Here is an exact sequence of events that will duplicate what I am saying:
1) Log onto your PDC as administrator.
2) Create a user account for ATEST.
3) Log off.
4) Log onto your workstation as administrator.
5) Create a local user called ATEST, make sure you set the password to the same thing as the domain account password (because that is what I did).
6) Log off.
7) Log onto your workstation as ATEST (local computer), not on the domain.
8) Log right back off.
9) Log onto your workstation as ATEST (domain user).
10) Try changing your Advanced Start Menu Properties such as "Display Favorites".
It doesn't work!
The goal is that I would like to log into BOTH my machine and the domain as SDAVIS, but I can't seem to do that.