I recently that I could get a boost in performance by setting up my UDMA33 hard drives in WIN98.
Here is what I did:
1) Start --> Settings --> Control Panel
2) Double clicked on System
3) Clicked on Device Manager Tab
4) Opened Disk Drives
5) Highlighted one of my disk drives
6) Selected Properties
7) Clicked on Settings Tab
8) Checked the DMA box and received a message that said "Changing these settings may have undesirable effects with your hardware ..."
9) Selected OK and repeated this for my other hard drive.
It asked me to restart to make the settings take effect and when it restarted it takes forever to start and then it just sits there with an hourglass next to the mouse arrow.
How do I get back in to System to reverse the change I made?