QuickReport and Oracle ODBC

I have made reports with Delphi 4 Quickreport component and they're  using queries that retrieve data from Oracle 8.0.5 database (ODBC).

One of my reports has a QRDBText control which is bound to Memo (Blob) field. When I preview the report all the data is okay, but if I print it, that field is occasinally populated with totally wrong data and it's repeating (there might be same wrong text in 20 consecutive rows).

However if I save the report, load it and print again then everything is ok.

I'm currently using Oracle ODBC driver version 8.00.57.

Do I need a patch, other ODBC driver version, change some setting(s) or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LVL 10
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

I've seen this before. From memory it had something to do with the fact than after the preview the cursors were at the end of the tables etc.

I think the problem was that the queries needed to be refreshed before doing the actual report (or something like that).



Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
paaskyAuthor Commented:
thanks Raymond, I'll try refreshing and tell you if it works or not.

paaskyAuthor Commented:
rwilson, you were on the right tracks...

I added event for Quickreport component's BeforePrint that closes and reopens the query and after that the report worked like charm.

Thank you.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.