Novel 4.1 and NetWare 5 for new user
Posted on 2000-02-15
I am a new learner for Novel NetWare. I got a Demo version of NetWare 4.1 and NetWare 5.
I installed the NW 4.1 into my one of my computer. It changed my date/time in the Bios setting. I think this must be something to do with the Y2K problem.
I got the NW4.xx server pack from the Novell wensite. However, I do not know how to install it.
MY problem/question are:
1. How to install the service pack. if this will sort out the Y2K problem?
2. I understand that in NW3.12 I can use the Syscon command to administration NW. I cannot see how I can do this in NW4.1 both in Server and Workstation.
3. I also try to install NW5 but it cannot see my CDrom during the installation. Can anyone can give me some advice on this one.
4. If anybody can recomand any book for me to learn a bit more in NW4.xx
5. How can I create a file server and printer server for this NW4.1 server.